How Does Social Media Impact SEO Rankings?
Although social media does not have a direct impact on SEO rankings, it does help to increase brand exposure and has some indirect influence on SEO in the following ways:
- Increased Content Distribution
- Enhanced Lifespan of Content
- Improved Online Visibility Boosting Organic Traffic
- Increased Brand Recognition
- Elevated Brand Reputation
- Boosts Local SEO
The performance of your posts on social media (engagement, likes, and shares) have no influence on SEO rankings, but as your content is shared across social media platforms it will generate social signals that indicate your posts are useful to your audience and this can have an indirect impact on SEO.